The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4229|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hxm|| ||Machah|
| ||\(blot\, put\, etc\) ... out, abolished, blot, destroy, marrow, reach, utterly, wipe, wipe away|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- De 9:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Let me alone, thatI may destroy them, and blot out their name from under heaven: andI will make of thee a nation mightier and greater than they.
- De 25:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel.
- De 25:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Therefore it shall be, when the LORD thy God hath given thee rest from all thine enemies round about, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it, that thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven; thou shalt not forget it.
- De 29:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The LORD will not spare him, but then the anger of the LORD and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the LORD shall blot out his name from under heaven.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Machah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".