The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4229|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hxm|| ||Machah|
| ||blot, blotted, destroys, marrow, reach, utterly blot, wash off, wipe, wipe...away, wiped, wipes, wiping|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Ge 6:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The LORD said, "I will blot out man whomI have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; forI am sorry thatI have made them."
- Ge 7:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "For after seven more days, I will send rain on the earth forty days and forty nights; andI will blot out from the face of the land every living thing thatI have made ."
- Ge 7:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky, and they were blotted out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Machah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".