The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4264|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hnxm|| ||Machaneh|
| ||armies, army, army camp, camp, camps, companies, company, fight, host|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- 1Ch 9:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- being stationed until now at the king's gate to the east ). These were the gatekeepers for the camp of the sons of Levi.
- 1Ch 9:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Shallum the son of Kore, the son of Ebiasaph, the son of Korah, and his relatives of his father's house, the Korahites, were over the work of the service, keepers of the thresholds of the tent; and their fathers had been over the camp of the LORD, keepers of the entrance.
- 1Ch 11:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now three of the thirty chief men went down to the rock to David, into the cave of Adullam, while the army of the Philistines was camping in the valley of Rephaim.
- 1Ch 11:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So the three broke through the camp of the Philistines and drew water from the well of Bethlehem which was by the gate, and took it and brought it to David; nevertheless David would not drink it, but poured it out to the LORD;
- 1Ch 12:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For day by day men came to David to help him, until there was a great army like the army of God.
- 1Ch 14:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "It shall be when you hear the sound of marching in the tops of the balsam trees, then you shall go out to battle, for God will have gone out before you to strike the army of the Philistines ."
- 1Ch 14:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- David did just as God had commanded him, and they struck down the army of the Philistines from Gibeon even as far as Gezer.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Machaneh". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".