The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4604|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||l(m|| ||Ma`al|
| ||falsehood, treachery, trespass, unfaithful, unfaithful act, unfaithful deeds, unfaithfully, unfaithfulness, very unfaithful|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Jos 7:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But the sons of Israel acted unfaithfully in regard to the things under the ban, for Achan, the son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah, from the tribe of Judah, took some of the things under the ban, therefore the anger of the LORD burned against the sons of Israel.
- Jos 22:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Thus says the whole congregation of the LORD, 'What is this unfaithful act which you have committed against the God of Israel, turning away from following the LORD this day, by building yourselves an altar, to rebel against the LORD this day?
- Jos 22:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'Did not Achan the son of Zerah act unfaithfully in the things under the ban, and wrath fall on all the congregation of Israel? And that man did not perish alone in his iniquity .'"
- Jos 22:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "The Mighty One, God, the LORD, the Mighty One, God, the LORD! He knows, and may Israel itself know. If it was in rebellion, or if in an unfaithful act against the LORD do not save us this day!
- Jos 22:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest said to the sons of Reuben and to the sons of Gad and to the sons of Manasseh, "Today we know that the LORD is in our midst, because you have not committed this unfaithful act against the LORD; now you have delivered the sons of Israel from the hand of the LORD ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ma`al". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".