The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4604|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||l(m|| ||Ma`al|
| ||falsehood, grievously, sore, transgression, trespass, trespassed, very|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Jos 7:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But the children of Israel committed a trespass in the accursed thing: for Achan, the son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took of the accursed thing: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against the children of Israel.
- Jos 22:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus saith the whole congregation of the LORD, What trespass is this that ye have committed against the God of Israel, to turn away this day from following the LORD, in that ye have builded you an altar, that ye might rebel this day against the LORD?
- Jos 22:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Did not Achan the son of Zerah commit a trespass in the accursed thing, and wrath fell on all the congregation of Israel? and that man perished not alone in his iniquity.
- Jos 22:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The LORD God of gods, the LORD God of gods, he knoweth, and Israel he shall know; if it be in rebellion, or if in transgression against the LORD, (save us not this day,)
- Jos 22:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest said unto the children of Reuben, and to the children of Gad, and to the children of Manasseh, This day we perceive that the LORD is among us, because ye have not committed this trespass against the LORD: now ye have delivered the children of Israel out of the hand of the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ma`al". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".