The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4687|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hwcm|| ||Mitsvah|
| ||command, commanded, commandment, commandments, commands, obligation, prescribed, terms, things, tradition, what|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- 2Ki 17:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Yet the LORD warned Israel and Judah through all His prophets and every seer, saying, "Turn from your evil ways and keep My commandments, My statutes according to all the law whichI commanded your fathers, and whichI sent to you through My servants the prophets ."
- 2Ki 17:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They forsook all the commandments of the LORD their God and made for themselves molten images, even two calves, and made an Asherah and worshiped all the host of heaven and served Baal.
- 2Ki 17:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Also Judah did not keep the commandments of the LORD their God, but walked in the customs which Israel had introduced.
- 2Ki 17:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- To this day they do according to the earlier customs: they do not fear the LORD, nor do they follow their statutes or their ordinances or the law, or the commandments which the LORD commanded the sons of Jacob, whom He named Israel;
- 2Ki 17:37 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "The statutes and the ordinances and the law and the commandment which He wrote for you, you shall observe to do forever; and you shall not fear other gods.
- 2Ki 18:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For he clung to the LORD; he did not depart from following Him, but kept His commandments, which the LORD had commanded Moses.
- 2Ki 18:36 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But the people were silent and answered him not a word, for the king's commandment was, "Do not answer him."
- 2Ki 23:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The king stood by the pillar and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep His commandments and His testimonies and His statutes with all his heart and all his soul, to carry out the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people entered into the covenant.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Mitsvah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".