The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4687|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hwcm|| ||Mitsvah|
| ||commanded, commandments, law, ordinances, precept|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Jer 32:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- SoI took the evidence of the purchase, both that which was sealed according to the law and custom, and that which was open:
- Jer 35:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The words of Jonadab the son of Rechab, that he commanded his sons not to drink wine, are performed; for unto this day they drink none, but obey their father's commandment: notwithstandingI have spoken unto you, rising early and speaking; but ye hearkened not unto me.
- Jer 35:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Because the sons of Jonadab the son of Rechab have performed the commandment of their father, which he commanded them; but this people hath not hearkened unto me:
- Jer 35:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Jeremiah said unto the house of the Rechabites, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Because ye have obeyed the commandment of Jonadab your father, and kept all his precepts, and done according unto all that he hath commanded you:
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Mitsvah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".