The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4692|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rwcm|| ||Matsowr|
| ||besieged, besieged + (0935), bulwarks, defence, fenced, fortress, hold, siege, strong, tower|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- De 20:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When thou shalt besiege a city a long time, in making war against it to take it, thou shalt not destroy the trees thereof by forcing an axe against them: for thou mayest eat of them, and thou shalt not cut them down (for the tree of the field is man's life) to employ them in the siege:
- De 20:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Only the trees which thou knowest that they be not trees for meat, thou shalt destroy and cut them down; and thou shalt build bulwarks against the city that maketh war with thee, until it be subdued.
- De 28:53 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
- De 28:55 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So that he will not give to any of them of the flesh of his children whom he shall eat: because he hath nothing left him in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee in all thy gates.
- De 28:57 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And toward her young one that cometh out from between her feet, and toward her children which she shall bear: for she shall eat them for want of all things secretly in the siege and straitness, wherewith thine enemy shall distress thee in thy gates.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Matsowr". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".