The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4751|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rm|| ||Mar|
| ||bitter, bitter thing, bitterly, bitterness, discontented, embittered, fierce, great bitterness, greatly distressed|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Nu 5:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'The priest shall then have the woman stand before the LORD and let the hair of the woman's head go loose, and place the grain offering of memorial in her hands, which is the grain offering of jealousy, and in the hand of the priest is to be the water of bitterness that brings a curse.
- Nu 5:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'The priest shall have her take an oath and shall say to the woman, "If no man has lain with you and if you have not gone astray into uncleanness, being under the authority of your husband, be immune to this water of bitterness that brings a curse;
- Nu 5:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'The priest shall then write these curses on a scroll, and he shall wash them off into the water of bitterness.
- Nu 5:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'Then he shall make the woman drink the water of bitterness that brings a curse, so that the water which brings a curse will go into her and cause bitterness.
- Nu 5:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'When he has made her drink the water, then it shall come about, if she has defiled herself and has been unfaithful to her husband, that the water which brings a curse will go into her and cause bitterness, and her abdomen will swell and her thigh will waste away, and the woman will become a curse among her people.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Mar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".