The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4758|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||h)rm|| ||Mar'eh|
| ||appear, appearance, appears, desires, face, form, good-looking, impressive, like, looked, looking, openly, pattern, saw, see, sight, something, vision, what...see, who looked|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 11 Verses|
- Da 1:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- youths in whom was no defect, who were good-looking, showing intelligence in every branch of wisdom, endowed with understanding and discerning knowledge, and who had ability for serving in the king's court; and he ordered him to teach them the literature and language of the Chaldeans.
- Da 1:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Then let our appearance be observed in your presence and the appearance of the youths who are eating the king's choice food; and deal with your servants according to what you see ."
- Da 1:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- At the end of ten days their appearance seemed better and they were fatter than all the youths who had been eating the king's choice food.
- Da 8:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When I, Daniel, had seen the vision, I sought to understand it; and behold, standing before me was one who looked like a man.
- Da 8:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI heard the voice of a man between the banks of Ulai, and he called out and said, "Gabriel, give this man an understanding of the vision ."
- Da 8:26 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "The vision of the evenings and mornings Which has been told is true; But keep the vision secret, For it pertains to many days in the future."
- Da 8:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then I, Daniel, was exhausted and sick for days. ThenI got up again and carried on the king's business; butI was astounded at the vision, and there was none to explain it.
- Da 9:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "At the beginning of your supplications the command was issued, andI have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed; so give heed to the message and gain understanding of the vision.
- Da 10:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a message was revealed to Daniel, who was named Belteshazzar; and the message was true and one of great conflict, but he understood the message and had an understanding of the vision.
- Da 10:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- His body also was like beryl, his face had the appearance of lightning, his eyes were like flaming torches, his arms and feet like the gleam of polished bronze, and the sound of his words like the sound of a tumult.
- Da 10:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then this one with human appearance touched me again and strengthened me.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Mar'eh". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".