The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 477|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||(#yl)|| ||'Eliysha`|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- 1Ki 19:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- and Jehu the son of Nimshi you shall anoint king over Israel; and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abel-meholah you shall anoint as prophet in your place.
- 1Ki 19:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "It shall come about, the one who escapes from the sword of Hazael, Jehu shall put to death, and the one who escapes from the sword of Jehu, Elisha shall put to death.
- 1Ki 19:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So he departed from there and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, while he was plowing with twelve pairs of oxen before him, and he with the twelfth. And Elijah passed over to him and threw his mantle on him.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'Eliysha`". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".