The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4886|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||x#m|| ||Mashach|
| ||anoint, anointed, anointing, oil, painting, spread|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- 1Sa 9:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "About this time tomorrowI will send you a man from the land of Benjamin, and you shall anoint him to be prince over My people Israel; and he will deliver My people from the hand of the Philistines. ForI have regarded My people, because their cry has come to Me."
- 1Sa 10:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Samuel took the flask of oil, poured it on his head, kissed him and said, "Has not the LORD anointed you a ruler over His inheritance?
- 1Sa 15:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Samuel said to Saul, "The LORD sent me to anoint you as king over His people, over Israel; now therefore, listen to the words of the LORD.
- 1Sa 15:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Samuel said, "Is it not true, though you were little in your own eyes, you were made the head of the tribes of Israel? And the LORD anointed you king over Israel,
- 1Sa 16:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "You shall invite Jesse to the sacrifice, andI will show you what you shall do; and you shall anoint for Me the one whomI designate to you."
- 1Sa 16:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So he sent and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, with beautiful eyes and a handsome appearance. And the LORD said, "Arise, anoint him; for this is he."
- 1Sa 16:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon David from that day forward. And Samuel arose and went to Ramah.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Mashach". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".