The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4931|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||trm#m|| ||Mishmereth|
| ||allegiance, charge, duties, duty, guard, guard post, guards, keep, kept, obligation, obligations, offices, posts, safe, service, service divisions, watch, worship|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- 1Ch 9:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So they and their sons had charge of the gates of the house of the LORD, even the house of the tent, as guards.
- 1Ch 9:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They spent the night around the house of God, because the watch was committed to them; and they were in charge of opening it morning by morning.
- 1Ch 12:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Of the sons of Benjamin, Saul's kinsmen, 3,000; for until now the greatest part of them had kept their allegiance to the house of Saul.
- 1Ch 23:32 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus they are to keep charge of the tent of meeting, and charge of the holy place, and charge of the sons of Aaron their relatives, for the service of the house of the LORD.
- 1Ch 25:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They cast lots for their duties, all alike, the small as well as the great, the teacher as well as the pupil.
- 1Ch 26:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- To these divisions of the gatekeepers, the chief men, were given duties like their relatives to minister in the house of the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Mishmereth". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".