The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4931|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||trm#m|| ||Mishmereth|
| ||charge, keep, offices, ordinance, safeguard, ward, watch|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- 1Ch 9:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So they and their children had the oversight of the gates of the house of the LORD, namely, the house of the tabernacle, by wards.
- 1Ch 9:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they lodged round about the house of God, because the charge was upon them, and the opening thereof every morning pertained to them.
- 1Ch 12:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And of the children of Benjamin, the kindred of Saul, three thousand: for hitherto the greatest part of them had kept the ward of the house of Saul.
- 1Ch 23:32 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And that they should keep the charge of the tabernacle of the congregation, and the charge of the holy place, and the charge of the sons of Aaron their brethren, in the service of the house of the LORD.
- 1Ch 25:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they cast lots, ward against ward, as well the small as the great, the teacher as the scholar.
- 1Ch 26:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Among these were the divisions of the porters, even among the chief men, having wards one against another, to minister in the house of the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Mishmereth". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".