The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4931|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||trm#m|| ||Mishmereth|
| ||charge, keep, offices, ordinance, safeguard, ward, watch|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- 2Ch 7:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the priests waited on their offices: the Levites also with instruments of musick of the LORD, which David the king had made to praise the LORD, because his mercy endureth for ever, when David praised by their ministry; and the priests sounded trumpets before them, and all Israel stood.
- 2Ch 8:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he appointed, according to the order of David his father, the courses of the priests to their service, and the Levites to their charges, to praise and minister before the priests, as the duty of every day required: the porters also by their courses at every gate: for so had David the man of God commanded.
- 2Ch 13:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they burn unto the LORD every morning and every evening burnt sacrifices and sweet incense: the shewbread also set they in order upon the pure table; and the candlestick of gold with the lamps thereof, to burn every evening: for we keep the charge of the LORD our God; but ye have forsaken him.
- 2Ch 23:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But let none come into the house of the LORD, save the priests, and they that minister of the Levites; they shall go in, for they are holy: but all the people shall keep the watch of the LORD.
- 2Ch 31:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Beside their genealogy of males, from three years old and upward, even unto every one that entereth into the house of the LORD, his daily portion for their service in their charges according to their courses;
- 2Ch 31:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Both to the genealogy of the priests by the house of their fathers, and the Levites from twenty years old and upward, in their charges by their courses;
- 2Ch 35:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he set the priests in their charges, and encouraged them to the service of the house of the LORD,
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Mishmereth". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".