The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4931|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||trm#m|| ||Mishmereth|
| ||allegiance, charge, duties, duty, guard, guard post, guards, keep, kept, obligation, obligations, offices, posts, safe, service, service divisions, watch, worship|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Ne 7:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ThenI said to them, "Do not let the gates of Jerusalem be opened until the sun is hot, and while they are standing guard, let them shut and bolt the doors. Also appoint guards from the inhabitants of Jerusalem, each at his post, and each in front of his own house ."
- Ne 12:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Also Bakbukiah and Unni, their brothers, stood opposite them in their service divisions.
- Ne 12:45 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For they performed the worship of their God and the service of purification, together with the singers and the gatekeepers in accordance with the command of David and of his son Solomon.
- Ne 13:30 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ThusI purified them from everything foreign and appointed duties for the priests and the Levites, each in his task,
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Mishmereth". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".