The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4931|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||trm#m|| ||Mishmereth|
| ||charge, keep, offices, ordinance, safeguard, ward, watch|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Ne 7:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI said unto them, Let not the gates of Jerusalem be opened until the sun be hot; and while they stand by, let them shut the doors, and bar them: and appoint watches of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, every one in his watch, and every one to be over against his house.
- Ne 12:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Also Bakbukiah and Unni, their brethren, were over against them in the watches.
- Ne 12:45 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And both the singers and the porters kept the ward of their God, and the ward of the purification, according to the commandment of David, and of Solomon his son.
- Ne 13:30 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus cleansedI them from all strangers, and appointed the wards of the priests and the Levites, every one in his business;
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Mishmereth". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".