The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5038|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hlbn|| ||N@belah|
| ||body, carcass, carcasses, corpse, corpses, dead bodies, dead body, died a natural death, dies, natural death, what died, which dies|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- 1Ki 13:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- but have returned and eaten bread and drunk water in the place of which He said to you, "Eat no bread and drink no water "; your body shall not come to the grave of your fathers .'"
- 1Ki 13:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now when he had gone, a lion met him on the way and killed him, and his body was thrown on the road, with the donkey standing beside it; the lion also was standing beside the body.
- 1Ki 13:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And behold, men passed by and saw the body thrown on the road, and the lion standing beside the body; so they came and told it in the city where the old prophet lived.
- 1Ki 13:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He went and found his body thrown on the road with the donkey and the lion standing beside the body; the lion had not eaten the body nor torn the donkey.
- 1Ki 13:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So the prophet took up the body of the man of God and laid it on the donkey and brought it back, and he came to the city of the old prophet to mourn and to bury him.
- 1Ki 13:30 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He laid his body in his own grave, and they mourned over him, saying, "Alas, my brother !"
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for N@belah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".