The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5060|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||(gn|| ||Naga`|
| ||add, afford, apply, arrive, arrived, attained, attains, bring down, brought down, came, cast, casts, close, come, draw near, drawn near, drew near, follows, happened, happens, plagued, pretended to be beaten, reach, reached, reaching, smitten, stricken, strike, strikes, struck, threw, touch, touched, touches, touching|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Es 2:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now when the turn of each young lady came to go in to King Ahasuerus, after the end of her twelve months under the regulations for the women --for the days of their beautification were completed as follows: six months with oil of myrrh and six months with spices and the cosmetics for women --
- Es 2:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now when the turn of Esther, the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai who had taken her as his daughter, came to go in to the king, she did not request anything except what Hegai, the king's eunuch who was in charge of the women, advised. And Esther found favor in the eyes of all who saw her.
- Es 4:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- In each and every province where the command and decree of the king came, there was great mourning among the Jews, with fasting, weeping and wailing; and many lay on sackcloth and ashes.
- Es 4:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father's house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this ?"
- Es 5:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, she obtained favor in his sight; and the king extended to Esther the golden scepter which was in his hand. So Esther came near and touched the top of the scepter.
- Es 6:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- While they were still talking with him, the king's eunuchs arrived and hastily brought Haman to the banquet which Esther had prepared.
- Es 8:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- In each and every province and in each and every city, wherever the king's commandment and his decree arrived, there was gladness and joy for the Jews, a feast and a holiday. And many among the peoples of the land became Jews, for the dread of the Jews had fallen on them.
- Es 9:26 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Therefore they called these days Purim after the name of Pur. And because of the instructions in this letter, both what they had seen in this regard and what had happened to them,
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Naga`". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".