The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5422|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||utn|| ||Nathats|
| ||break, broke down, broken, broken down, demolish, destroy, pull down, pulled down, razed, smashed, tear down, tore down, torn down|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- 2Ch 23:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And all the people went to the house of Baal and tore it down, and they broke in pieces his altars and his images, and killed Mattan the priest of Baal before the altars.
- 2Ch 31:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now when all this was finished, all Israel who were present went out to the cities of Judah, broke the pillars in pieces, cut down the Asherim and pulled down the high places and the altars throughout all Judah and Benjamin, as well as in Ephraim and Manasseh, until they had destroyed them all. Then all the sons of Israel returned to their cities, each to his possession.
- 2Ch 33:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For he rebuilt the high places which Hezekiah his father had broken down; he also erected altars for the Baals and made Asherim, and worshiped all the host of heaven and served them.
- 2Ch 34:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They tore down the altars of the Baals in his presence, and the incense altars that were high above them he chopped down; also the Asherim, the carved images and the molten images he broke in pieces and ground to powder and scattered it on the graves of those who had sacrificed to them.
- 2Ch 34:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- he also tore down the altars and beat the Asherim and the carved images into powder, and chopped down all the incense altars throughout the land of Israel. Then he returned to Jerusalem.
- 2Ch 36:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then they burned the house of God and broke down the wall of Jerusalem, and burned all its fortified buildings with fire and destroyed all its valuable articles.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Nathats". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".