The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5422|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||utn|| ||Nathats|
| ||beat down, break down, break out, cast down, destroy, overthrow, pull down, throw down|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- 2Ch 23:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then all the people went to the house of Baal, and brake it down, and brake his altars and his images in pieces, and slew Mattan the priest of Baal before the altars.
- 2Ch 31:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now when all this was finished, all Israel that were present went out to the cities of Judah, and brake the images in pieces, and cut down the groves, and threw down the high places and the altars out of all Judah and Benjamin, in Ephraim also and Manasseh, until they had utterly destroyed them all. Then all the children of Israel returned, every man to his possession, into their own cities.
- 2Ch 33:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For he built again the high places which Hezekiah his father had broken down, and he reared up altars for Baalim, and made groves, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them.
- 2Ch 34:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they brake down the altars of Baalim in his presence; and the images, that were on high above them, he cut down; and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images, he brake in pieces, and made dust of them, and strowed it upon the graves of them that had sacrificed unto them.
- 2Ch 34:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And when he had broken down the altars and the groves, and had beaten the graven images into powder, and cut down all the idols throughout all the land of Israel, he returned to Jerusalem.
- 2Ch 36:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they burnt the house of God, and brake down the wall of Jerusalem, and burnt all the palaces thereof with fire, and destroyed all the goodly vessels thereof.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Nathats". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".