The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5483|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||sws|| ||Cuwc|
| ||horse, horse's, horseback, horseman, horses, horses', swallow, swift|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Es 6:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- let them bring a royal robe which the king has worn, and the horse on which the king has ridden, and on whose head a royal crown has been placed;
- Es 6:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- and let the robe and the horse be handed over to one of the king's most noble princes and let them array the man whom the king desires to honor and lead him on horseback through the city square, and proclaim before him, 'Thus it shall be done to the man whom the king desires to honor .'"
- Es 6:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then the king said to Haman, "Take quickly the robes and the horse as you have said, and do so for Mordecai the Jew, who is sitting at the king's gate; do not fall short in anything of all that you have said ."
- Es 6:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So Haman took the robe and the horse, and arrayed Mordecai, and led him on horseback through the city square, and proclaimed before him, "Thus it shall be done to the man whom the king desires to honor ."
- Es 8:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He wrote in the name of King Ahasuerus, and sealed it with the king's signet ring, and sent letters by couriers on horses, riding on steeds sired by the royal stud.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Cuwc". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".