The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 559|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rm)|| ||'amar|
| ||Asserting, address, advised, answer, answered, answers, ask, asked, asking, assigned, call, called, command, commanded, commanded to say, commands, consider, continued, decided, declare, declared, declares, demonstrates, designate, desired, follows, gave an order, gave orders, gave the order, indeed say, informed, intend, intended, intending, meditate, mentioned, name, namely, news, ordered, plainly says, promised, proposing, really thought, repeated, replied, requested, resolved, responded, said, say, saying, says, sent word, speak, speak to you saying, speaking, speaks, specifically say, specified, spoke, spoken, still say, suppose, tell, telling, tells, think, thinking, thought, told, utters, vaunt|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 13 Verses|
- Ezr 1:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he sent a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying:
- Ezr 1:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Thus says Cyrus king of Persia, 'The LORD, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and He has appointed me to build Him a house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah.
- Ezr 2:63 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The governor said to them that they should not eat from the most holy things until a priest stood up with Urim and Thummim.
- Ezr 4:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- they approached Zerubbabel and the heads of fathers' households, and said to them, "Let us build with you, for we, like you, seek your God; and we have been sacrificing to Him since the days of Esarhaddon king of Assyria, who brought us up here ."
- Ezr 4:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But Zerubbabel and Jeshua and the rest of the heads of fathers' households of Israel said to them, "You have nothing in common with us in building a house to our God; but we ourselves will together build to the LORD God of Israel, as King Cyrus, the king of Persia has commanded us."
- Ezr 8:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ForI was ashamed to request from the king troops and horsemen to protect us from the enemy on the way, because we had said to the king, "The hand of our God is favorably disposed to all those who seek Him, but His power and His anger are against all those who forsake Him."
- Ezr 8:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ThenI said to them, "You are holy to the LORD, and the utensils are holy; and the silver and the gold are a freewill offering to the LORD God of your fathers.
- Ezr 9:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now when these things had been completed, the princes approached me, saying, "The people of Israel and the priests and the Levites have not separated themselves from the peoples of the lands, according to their abominations, those of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians and the Amorites.
- Ezr 9:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- andI said, "O my God, I am ashamed and embarrassed to lift up my face to You, my God, for our iniquities have risen above our heads and our guilt has grown even to the heavens.
- Ezr 9:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Now, our God, what shall we say after this? For we have forsaken Your commandments,
- Ezr 9:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- which You have commanded by Your servants the prophets, saying, 'The land which you are entering to possess is an unclean land with the uncleanness of the peoples of the lands, with their abominations which have filled it from end to end and with their impurity.
- Ezr 10:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Shecaniah the son of Jehiel, one of the sons of Elam, said to Ezra, "We have been unfaithful to our God and have married foreign women from the peoples of the land; yet now there is hope for Israel in spite of this.
- Ezr 10:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Ezra the priest stood up and said to them, "You have been unfaithful and have married foreign wives adding to the guilt of Israel.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'amar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".