The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 559|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rm)|| ||'amar|
| ||answer, call, command, misc., promised, said, speak, tell|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 14 Verses|
- Ezr 1:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,
- Ezr 1:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.
- Ezr 2:63 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the Tirshatha said unto them, that they should not eat of the most holy things, till there stood up a priest with Urim and with Thummim.
- Ezr 4:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then they came to Zerubbabel, and to the chief of the fathers, and said unto them, Let us build with you: for we seek your God, as ye do; and we do sacrifice unto him since the days of Esarhaddon king of Assur, which brought us up hither.
- Ezr 4:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But Zerubbabel, and Jeshua, and the rest of the chief of the fathers of Israel, said unto them, Ye have nothing to do with us to build an house unto our God; but we ourselves together will build unto the LORD God of Israel, as king Cyrus the king of Persia hath commanded us.
- Ezr 8:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ForI was ashamed to require of the king a band of soldiers and horsemen to help us against the enemy in the way: because we had spoken unto the king, saying, The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek him; but his power and his wrath is against all them that forsake him.
- Ezr 8:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI said unto them, Ye are holy unto the LORD; the vessels are holy also; and the silver and the gold are a freewill offering unto the LORD God of your fathers.
- Ezr 9:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now when these things were done, the princes came to me, saying, The people of Israel, and the priests, and the Levites, have not separated themselves from the people of the lands, doing according to their abominations, even of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians, and the Amorites.
- Ezr 9:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And said, O my God,I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens.
- Ezr 9:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And now,O our God, what shall we say after this? for we have forsaken thy commandments,
- Ezr 9:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Which thou hast commanded by thy servants the prophets, saying, The land, unto which ye go to possess it, is an unclean land with the filthiness of the people of the lands, with their abominations, which have filled it from one end to another with their uncleanness.
- Ezr 10:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Shechaniah the son of Jehiel, one of the sons of Elam, answered and said unto Ezra, We have trespassed against our God, and have taken strange wives of the people of the land: yet now there is hope in Israel concerning this thing.
- Ezr 10:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Ezra the priest stood up, and said unto them, Ye have transgressed, and have taken strange wives, to increase the trespass of Israel.
- Ezr 10:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then all the congregation answered and said with a loud voice, As thou hast said, so must we do.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'amar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".