The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 559|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rm)|| ||'amar|
| ||Asserting, address, advised, answer, answered, answers, ask, asked, asking, assigned, call, called, command, commanded, commanded to say, commands, consider, continued, decided, declare, declared, declares, demonstrates, designate, desired, follows, gave an order, gave orders, gave the order, indeed say, informed, intend, intended, intending, meditate, mentioned, name, namely, news, ordered, plainly says, promised, proposing, really thought, repeated, replied, requested, resolved, responded, said, say, saying, says, sent word, speak, speak to you saying, speaking, speaks, specifically say, specified, spoke, spoken, still say, suppose, tell, telling, tells, think, thinking, thought, told, utters, vaunt|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Joe 2:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Let the priests, the LORD'S ministers, Weep between the porch and the altar, And let them say, "Spare Your people, O LORD, And do not make Your inheritance a reproach, A byword among the nations. Why should they among the peoples say, 'Where is their God ?'"
- Joe 2:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The LORD will answer and say to His people, "Behold, I am going to send you grain, new wine and oil, And you will be satisfied in full with them; AndI will never again make you a reproach among the nations.
- Joe 2:32 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the LORD Will be delivered; For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem There will be those who escape, As the LORD has said, Even among the survivors whom the LORD calls.
- Joe 3:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Beat your plowshares into swords And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, "I am a mighty man ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'amar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".