The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 559|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rm)|| ||'amar|
| ||answer, call, command, misc., promised, said, speak, tell|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Joe 2:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people,O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?
- Joe 2:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Yea, the LORD will answer and say unto his people, Behold,I will send you corn, and wine, and oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith: andI will no more make you a reproach among the heathen:
- Joe 2:32 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
- Joe 3:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'amar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".