The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 559|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rm)|| ||'amar|
| ||Asserting, address, advised, answer, answered, answers, ask, asked, asking, assigned, call, called, command, commanded, commanded to say, commands, consider, continued, decided, declare, declared, declares, demonstrates, designate, desired, follows, gave an order, gave orders, gave the order, indeed say, informed, intend, intended, intending, meditate, mentioned, name, namely, news, ordered, plainly says, promised, proposing, really thought, repeated, replied, requested, resolved, responded, said, say, saying, says, sent word, speak, speak to you saying, speaking, speaks, specifically say, specified, spoke, spoken, still say, suppose, tell, telling, tells, think, thinking, thought, told, utters, vaunt|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 10 Verses|
- La 2:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They say to their mothers, "Where is grain and wine ?" As they faint like a wounded man In the streets of the city, As their life is poured out On their mothers' bosom.
- La 2:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- All who pass along the way Clap their hands in derision at you; They hiss and shake their heads At the daughter of Jerusalem, "Is this the city of which they said, 'The perfection of beauty, A joy to all the earth '?"
- La 2:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- All your enemies Have opened their mouths wide against you; They hiss and gnash their teeth. They say, "We have swallowed her up! Surely this is the day for which we waited; We have reached it, we have seen it."
- La 3:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- SoI say, "My strength has perished, And so has my hope from the LORD ."
- La 3:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "The LORD is my portion ," says my soul, "ThereforeI have hope in Him."
- La 3:37 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Who is there who speaks and it comes to pass, Unless the Lord has commanded it?
- La 3:54 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Waters flowed over my head; I said, "I am cut off !"
- La 3:57 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- You drew near whenI called on You; You said, "Do not fear !"
- La 4:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Depart! Unclean !" they cried of themselves. "Depart, depart, do not touch !" So they fled and wandered; Men among the nations said, "They shall not continue to dwell with us."
- La 4:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The breath of our nostrils, the LORD'S anointed, Was captured in their pits, Of whom we had said, "Under his shadow We shall live among the nations ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'amar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".