The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 559|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rm)|| ||'amar|
| ||Asserting, address, advised, answer, answered, answers, ask, asked, asking, assigned, call, called, command, commanded, commanded to say, commands, consider, continued, decided, declare, declared, declares, demonstrates, designate, desired, follows, gave an order, gave orders, gave the order, indeed say, informed, intend, intended, intending, meditate, mentioned, name, namely, news, ordered, plainly says, promised, proposing, really thought, repeated, replied, requested, resolved, responded, said, say, saying, says, sent word, speak, speak to you saying, speaking, speaks, specifically say, specified, spoke, spoken, still say, suppose, tell, telling, tells, think, thinking, thought, told, utters, vaunt|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Zep 1:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "It will come about at that time ThatI will search Jerusalem with lamps, AndI will punish the men Who are stagnant in spirit, Who say in their hearts, 'The LORD will not do good or evil !'
- Zep 2:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- This is the exultant city Which dwells securely, Who says in her heart, "I am, and there is no one besides me." How she has become a desolation, A resting place for beasts! Everyone who passes by her will hiss And wave his hand in contempt.
- Zep 3:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "I said, 'Surely you will revere Me, Accept instruction .' So her dwelling will not be cut off According to all thatI have appointed concerning her. But they were eager to corrupt all their deeds.
- Zep 3:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- In that day it will be said to Jerusalem: "Do not be afraid, O Zion; Do not let your hands fall limp.
- Zep 3:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "At that timeI will bring you in, Even at the time whenI gather you together; Indeed, I will give you renown and praise Among all the peoples of the earth, WhenI restore your fortunes before your eyes ," Says the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'amar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".