The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 559|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rm)|| ||'amar|
| ||answer, call, command, misc., promised, said, speak, tell|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Zep 1:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And it shall come to pass at that time, thatI will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will he do evil.
- Zep 2:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- This is the rejoicing city that dwelt carelessly, that said in her heart,I am, and there is none beside me: how is she become a desolation, a place for beasts to lie down in! every one that passeth by her shall hiss, and wag his hand.
- Zep 3:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- I said, Surely thou wilt fear me, thou wilt receive instruction; so their dwelling should not be cut off, howsoeverI punished them: but they rose early, and corrupted all their doings.
- Zep 3:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.
- Zep 3:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- At that time willI bring you again, even in the time thatI gather you: forI will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, whenI turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'amar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".