The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5833|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hrz(|| ||`ezrah|
| ||assistance, help, helpers, support|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Isa 10:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now what will you do in the day of punishment, And in the devastation which will come from afar? To whom will you flee for help? And where will you leave your wealth?
- Isa 20:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "So the inhabitants of this coastland will say in that day, 'Behold, such is our hope, where we fled for help to be delivered from the king of Assyria; and we, how shall we escape ?'"
- Isa 31:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help And rely on horses, And trust in chariots because they are many And in horsemen because they are very strong, But they do not look to the Holy One of Israel, nor seek the LORD!
- Isa 31:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Yet He also is wise and will bring disaster And does not retract His words, But will arise against the house of evildoers And against the help of the workers of iniquity.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `ezrah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".