The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5869|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ay(|| ||`ayin|
| ||appearance, appeared, before, broad, concern, confidence, disdained, displease, displeased, disregard, eye, eyebrows, eyelids, eyes, eyesight, forehead, generous, glares, gleam, humble person, knowledge, like, look, looked, looks, maliciously, notice, outward appearance, own eyes, please, pleased, pleases, prefer, presence, saw, see, seem, seemed, selfish, sight, sleep, sparkles, sparkling, spring, surface, think, thought, watch, whatever you like, wish, yourselves|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 11 Verses|
- 1Ch 2:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The sons of Judah were Er, Onan and Shelah; these three were born to him by Bath-shua the Canaanitess. And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD, so He put him to death.
- 1Ch 13:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then all the assembly said that they would do so, for the thing was right in the eyes of all the people.
- 1Ch 17:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "This was a small thing in Your eyes, O God; but You have spoken of Your servant's house for a great while to come, and have regarded me according to the standard of a man of high degree, O LORD God.
- 1Ch 19:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But the princes of the sons of Ammon said to Hanun, "Do you think that David is honoring your father, in that he has sent comforters to you? Have not his servants come to you to search and to overthrow and to spy out the land ?"
- 1Ch 19:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Be strong, and let us show ourselves courageous for the sake of our people and for the cities of our God; and may the LORD do what is good in His sight ."
- 1Ch 21:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- God was displeased with this thing, so He struck Israel.
- 1Ch 21:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then David lifted up his eyes and saw the angel of the LORD standing between earth and heaven, with his drawn sword in his hand stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders, covered with sackcloth, fell on their faces.
- 1Ch 21:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Ornan said to David, "Take it for yourself; and let my lord the king do what is good in his sight. See, I will give the oxen for burnt offerings and the threshing sledges for wood and the wheat for the grain offering; I will give it all ."
- 1Ch 28:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "So now, in the sight of all Israel, the assembly of the LORD, and in the hearing of our God, observe and seek after all the commandments of the LORD your God so that you may possess the good land and bequeath it to your sons after you forever.
- 1Ch 29:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So David blessed the LORD in the sight of all the assembly; and David said, "Blessed are You,O LORD God of Israel our father, forever and ever.
- 1Ch 29:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The LORD highly exalted Solomon in the sight of all Israel, and bestowed on him royal majesty which had not been on any king before him in Israel.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `ayin". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".