The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5869|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ay(|| ||`ayin|
| || displeased + (03415), before, colour, conceit, eye, face, fountain, misc, pleased + (03190), pleased + (03474), presence, seem, sight, think, well|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 11 Verses|
- 1Ch 2:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The sons of Judah; Er, and Onan, and Shelah: which three were born unto him of the daughter of Shua the Canaanitess. And Er, the firstborn of Judah, was evil in the sight of the LORD; and he slew him.
- 1Ch 13:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And all the congregation said that they would do so: for the thing was right in the eyes of all the people.
- 1Ch 17:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And yet this was a small thing in thine eyes,O God; for thou hast also spoken of thy servant's house for a great while to come, and hast regarded me according to the estate of a man of high degree,O LORD God.
- 1Ch 19:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But the princes of the children of Ammon said to Hanun, Thinkest thou that David doth honour thy father, that he hath sent comforters unto thee? are not his servants come unto thee for to search, and to overthrow, and to spy out the land?
- 1Ch 19:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Be of good courage, and let us behave ourselves valiantly for our people, and for the cities of our God: and let the LORD do that which is good in his sight.
- 1Ch 21:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel.
- 1Ch 21:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And David lifted up his eyes, and saw the angel of the LORD stand between the earth and the heaven, having a drawn sword in his hand stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces.
- 1Ch 21:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Ornan said unto David, Take it to thee, and let my lord the king do that which is good in his eyes: lo, I give thee the oxen also for burnt offerings, and the threshing instruments for wood, and the wheat for the meat offering;I give it all.
- 1Ch 28:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now therefore in the sight of all Israel the congregation of the LORD, and in the audience of our God, keep and seek for all the commandments of the LORD your God: that ye may possess this good land, and leave it for an inheritance for your children after you for ever.
- 1Ch 29:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Wherefore David blessed the LORD before all the congregation: and David said, Blessed be thou, LORD God of Israel our father, for ever and ever.
- 1Ch 29:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the LORD magnified Solomon exceedingly in the sight of all Israel, and bestowed upon him such royal majesty as had not been on any king before him in Israel.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `ayin". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".