The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5869|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ay(|| ||`ayin|
| || displeased + (03415), before, colour, conceit, eye, face, fountain, misc, pleased + (03190), pleased + (03474), presence, seem, sight, think, well|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Am 9:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And though they hide themselves in the top of Carmel,I will search and take them out thence; and though they be hid from my sight in the bottom of the sea, thence willI command the serpent, and he shall bite them:
- Am 9:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And though they go into captivity before their enemies, thence willI command the sword, and it shall slay them: andI will set mine eyes upon them for evil, and not for good.
- Am 9:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, andI will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving thatI will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `ayin". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".