The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5869|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ay(|| ||`ayin|
| || displeased + (03415), before, colour, conceit, eye, face, fountain, misc, pleased + (03190), pleased + (03474), presence, seem, sight, think, well|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Da 8:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ThenI lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and, behold, there stood before the river a ram which had two horns: and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher came up last.
- Da 8:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And asI was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.
- Da 8:21 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
- Da 9:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
- Da 10:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ThenI lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
- Da 10:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `ayin". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".