The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5869|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ay(|| ||`ayin|
| || displeased + (03415), before, colour, conceit, eye, face, fountain, misc, pleased + (03190), pleased + (03474), presence, seem, sight, think, well|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 9 Verses|
- Ec 1:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.
- Ec 2:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And whatsoever mine eyes desiredI kept not from them,I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour.
- Ec 2:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The wise man's eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: andI myself perceived also that one event happeneth to them all.
- Ec 4:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- There is one alone, and there is not a second; yea, he hath neither child nor brother: yet is there no end of all his labour; neither is his eye satisfied with riches; neither saith he, For whom doI labour, and bereave my soul of good? This is also vanity, yea, it is a sore travail.
- Ec 5:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When goods increase, they are increased that eat them: and what good is there to the owners thereof, saving the beholding of them with their eyes?
- Ec 6:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Better is the sight of the eyes than the wandering of the desire: this is also vanity and vexation of spirit.
- Ec 8:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- WhenI applied mine heart to know wisdom, and to see the business that is done upon the earth: (for also there is that neither day nor night seeth sleep with his eyes:)
- Ec 11:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun:
- Ec 11:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `ayin". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".