The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5869|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ay(|| ||`ayin|
| ||appearance, appeared, before, broad, concern, confidence, disdained, displease, displeased, disregard, eye, eyebrows, eyelids, eyes, eyesight, forehead, generous, glares, gleam, humble person, knowledge, like, look, looked, looks, maliciously, notice, outward appearance, own eyes, please, pleased, pleases, prefer, presence, saw, see, seem, seemed, selfish, sight, sleep, sparkles, sparkling, spring, surface, think, thought, watch, whatever you like, wish, yourselves|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 11 Verses|
- Jos 3:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now the LORD said to Joshua, "This dayI will begin to exalt you in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that just asI have been with Moses, I will be with you.
- Jos 4:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- On that day the LORD exalted Joshua in the sight of all Israel; so that they revered him, just as they had revered Moses all the days of his life.
- Jos 5:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now it came about when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing opposite him with his sword drawn in his hand, and Joshua went to him and said to him, "Are you for us or for our adversaries ?"
- Jos 9:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Now behold, we are in your hands; do as it seems good and right in your sight to do to us."
- Jos 10:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Joshua spoke to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, "O sun, stand still at Gibeon, AndO moon in the valley of Aijalon ."
- Jos 22:30 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So when Phinehas the priest and the leaders of the congregation, even the heads of the families of Israel who were with him, heard the words which the sons of Reuben and the sons of Gad and the sons of Manasseh spoke, it pleased them.
- Jos 22:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The word pleased the sons of Israel, and the sons of Israel blessed God; and they did not speak of going up against them in war to destroy the land in which the sons of Reuben and the sons of Gad were living.
- Jos 23:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- know with certainty that the LORD your God will not continue to drive these nations out from before you; but they will be a snare and a trap to you, and a whip on your sides and thorns in your eyes, until you perish from off this good land which the LORD your God has given you.
- Jos 24:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'But when they cried out to the LORD, He put darkness between you and the Egyptians, and brought the sea upon them and covered them; and your own eyes saw whatI did in Egypt. And you lived in the wilderness for a long time.
- Jos 24:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD ."
- Jos 24:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- for the LORD our God is He who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and who did these great signs in our sight and preserved us through all the way in which we went and among all the peoples through whose midst we passed.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `ayin". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".