The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5869|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ay(|| ||`ayin|
| || displeased + (03415), before, colour, conceit, eye, face, fountain, misc, pleased + (03190), pleased + (03474), presence, seem, sight, think, well|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 11 Verses|
- Jos 3:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the LORD said unto Joshua, This day willI begin to magnify thee in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, asI was with Moses, soI will be with thee.
- Jos 4:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- On that day the LORD magnified Joshua in the sight of all Israel; and they feared him, as they feared Moses, all the days of his life.
- Jos 5:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
- Jos 9:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And now, behold, we are in thine hand: as it seemeth good and right unto thee to do unto us, do.
- Jos 10:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
- Jos 22:30 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And when Phinehas the priest, and the princes of the congregation and heads of the thousands of Israel which were with him, heard the words that the children of Reuben and the children of Gad and the children of Manasseh spake, it pleased them.
- Jos 22:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the thing pleased the children of Israel; and the children of Israel blessed God, and did not intend to go up against them in battle, to destroy the land wherein the children of Reuben and Gad dwelt.
- Jos 23:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Know for a certainty that the LORD your God will no more drive out any of these nations from before you; but they shall be snares and traps unto you, and scourges in your sides, and thorns in your eyes, until ye perish from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.
- Jos 24:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And when they cried unto the LORD, he put darkness between you and the Egyptians, and brought the sea upon them, and covered them; and your eyes have seen whatI have done in Egypt: and ye dwelt in the wilderness a long season.
- Jos 24:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
- Jos 24:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For the LORD our God, he it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed:
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `ayin". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".