The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5869|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ay(|| ||`ayin|
| || displeased + (03415), before, colour, conceit, eye, face, fountain, misc, pleased + (03190), pleased + (03474), presence, seem, sight, think, well|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Ne 1:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Let thine ear now be attentive, and thine eyes open, that thou mayest hear the prayer of thy servant, whichI pray before thee now, day and night, for the children of Israel thy servants, and confess the sins of the children of Israel, which we have sinned against thee: bothI and my father's house have sinned.
- Ne 2:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI went out by night by the gate of the valley, even before the dragon well, and to the dung port, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem, which were broken down, and the gates thereof were consumed with fire.
- Ne 2:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ThenI went on to the gate of the fountain, and to the king's pool: but there was no place for the beast that was under me to pass.
- Ne 3:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But the gate of the fountain repaired Shallun the son of Colhozeh, the ruler of part of Mizpah; he built it, and covered it, and set up the doors thereof, the locks thereof, and the bars thereof, and the wall of the pool of Siloah by the king's garden, and unto the stairs that go down from the city of David.
- Ne 6:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And it came to pass, that when all our enemies heard thereof, and all the heathen that were about us saw these things, they were much cast down in their own eyes: for they perceived that this work was wrought of our God.
- Ne 8:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the people;) and when he opened it, all the people stood up:
- Ne 12:37 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And at the fountain gate, which was over against them, they went up by the stairs of the city of David, at the going up of the wall, above the house of David, even unto the water gate eastward.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `ayin". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".