The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5869|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ay(|| ||`ayin|
| ||appearance, appeared, before, broad, concern, confidence, disdained, displease, displeased, disregard, eye, eyebrows, eyelids, eyes, eyesight, forehead, generous, glares, gleam, humble person, knowledge, like, look, looked, looks, maliciously, notice, outward appearance, own eyes, please, pleased, pleases, prefer, presence, saw, see, seem, seemed, selfish, sight, sleep, sparkles, sparkling, spring, surface, think, thought, watch, whatever you like, wish, yourselves|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Ru 2:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Ruth the Moabitess said to Naomi, "Please let me go to the field and glean among the ears of grain after one in whose sightI may find favor ." And she said to her, "Go, my daughter ."
- Ru 2:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Let your eyes be on the field which they reap, and go after them. Indeed, I have commanded the servants not to touch you. When you are thirsty, go to the water jars and drink from what the servants draw ."
- Ru 2:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then she fell on her face, bowing to the ground and said to him, "Why haveI found favor in your sight that you should take notice of me, sinceI am a foreigner ?"
- Ru 2:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then she said, "I have found favor in your sight, my lord, for you have comforted me and indeed have spoken kindly to your maidservant, thoughI am not like one of your maidservants ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `ayin". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".