The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 6002|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||qlm(|| ||`Amaleq|
| ||Amalek, Amalekites|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Ex 17:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim.
- Ex 17:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: to morrowI will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand.
- Ex 17:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So Joshua did as Moses had said to him, and fought with Amalek: and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill.
- Ex 17:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.
- Ex 17:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.
- Ex 17:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: forI will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.
- Ex 17:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For he said, Because the LORD hath sworn that the LORD will have war with Amalek from generation to generation.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `Amaleq". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".