The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 6203|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||vr(|| ||`oreph|
| ||back, backs, became stubborn, neck, necks, obstinate, stubborn, stubbornness|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- 2Ch 29:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "For our fathers have been unfaithful and have done evil in the sight of the LORD our God, and have forsaken Him and turned their faces away from the dwelling place of the LORD, and have turned their backs.
- 2Ch 30:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Now do not stiffen your neck like your fathers, but yield to the LORD and enter His sanctuary which He has consecrated forever, and serve the LORD your God, that His burning anger may turn away from you.
- 2Ch 36:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He also rebelled against King Nebuchadnezzar who had made him swear allegiance by God. But he stiffened his neck and hardened his heart against turning to the LORD God of Israel.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `oreph". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".