The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 6203|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||vr(|| ||`oreph|
| ||back, backs, became stubborn, neck, necks, obstinate, stubborn, stubbornness|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Ex 23:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "I will send My terror ahead of you, and throw into confusion all the people among whom you come, andI will make all your enemies turn their backs to you.
- Ex 32:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The LORD said to Moses, "I have seen this people, and behold, they are an obstinate people.
- Ex 33:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Go up to a land flowing with milk and honey; forI will not go up in your midst, because you are an obstinate people, andI might destroy you on the way ."
- Ex 33:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For the LORD had said to Moses, "Say to the sons of Israel, 'You are an obstinate people; shouldI go up in your midst for one moment, I would destroy you. Now therefore, put off your ornaments from you, thatI may know whatI shall do with you.'"
- Ex 34:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He said, "If nowI have found favor in Your sight, O Lord, I pray, let the Lord go along in our midst, even though the people are so obstinate, and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us as Your own possession ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `oreph". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".