The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 6203|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||vr(|| ||`oreph|
| ||back, backs, became stubborn, neck, necks, obstinate, stubborn, stubbornness|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Jer 2:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Who say to a tree, 'You are my father ,' And to a stone, 'You gave me birth .' For they have turned their back to Me, And not their face; But in the time of their trouble they will say, 'Arise and save us.'
- Jer 7:26 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Yet they did not listen to Me or incline their ear, but stiffened their neck; they did more evil than their fathers.
- Jer 17:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Yet they did not listen or incline their ears, but stiffened their necks in order not to listen or take correction.
- Jer 18:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'Like an east windI will scatter them Before the enemy; I will show them My back and not My face In the day of their calamity .'"
- Jer 19:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, 'Behold, I am about to bring on this city and all its towns the entire calamity thatI have declared against it, because they have stiffened their necks so as not to heed My words .'"
- Jer 32:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "They have turned their back to Me and not their face; thoughI taught them, teaching again and again, they would not listen and receive instruction.
- Jer 48:39 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "How shattered it is! How they have wailed! How Moab has turned his back --he is ashamed! So Moab will become a laughingstock and an object of terror to all around him."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `oreph". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".