The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 6203|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||vr(|| ||`oreph|
| ||back, backs + (0310), neck, stiffnecked, stiffnecked + (07185), stiffnecked + (07186)|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Jer 2:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Saying to a stock, Thou art my father; and to a stone, Thou hast brought me forth: for they have turned their back unto me, and not their face: but in the time of their trouble they will say, Arise, and save us.
- Jer 7:26 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Yet they hearkened not unto me, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck: they did worse than their fathers.
- Jer 17:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But they obeyed not, neither inclined their ear, but made their neck stiff, that they might not hear, nor receive instruction.
- Jer 18:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- I will scatter them as with an east wind before the enemy; I will shew them the back, and not the face, in the day of their calamity.
- Jer 19:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold,I will bring upon this city and upon all her towns all the evil thatI have pronounced against it, because they have hardened their necks, that they might not hear my words.
- Jer 32:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they have turned unto me the back, and not the face: thoughI taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not hearkened to receive instruction.
- Jer 48:39 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They shall howl, saying, How is it broken down! how hath Moab turned the back with shame! so shall Moab be a derision and a dismaying to all them about him.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `oreph". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".