The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 6203|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||vr(|| ||`oreph|
| ||back, backs, became stubborn, neck, necks, obstinate, stubborn, stubbornness|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Ne 9:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "But they, our fathers, acted arrogantly; They became stubborn and would not listen to Your commandments.
- Ne 9:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "They refused to listen, And did not remember Your wondrous deeds which You had performed among them; So they became stubborn and appointed a leader to return to their slavery in Egypt. But You are a God of forgiveness, Gracious and compassionate, Slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness; And You did not forsake them.
- Ne 9:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And admonished them in order to turn them back to Your law. Yet they acted arrogantly and did not listen to Your commandments but sinned against Your ordinances, By which if a man observes them he shall live. And they turned a stubborn shoulder and stiffened their neck, and would not listen.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for `oreph". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".