The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 6346|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hxp|| ||Pechah|
| ||captains, governor, governor's, governors, official|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Es 3:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then the king's scribes were summoned on the thirteenth day of the first month, and it was written just as Haman commanded to the king's satraps, to the governors who were over each province and to the princes of each people, each province according to its script, each people according to its language, being written in the name of King Ahasuerus and sealed with the king's signet ring.
- Es 8:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So the king's scribes were called at that time in the third month (that is, the month Sivan ), on the twenty-third day; and it was written according to all that Mordecai commanded to the Jews, the satraps, the governors and the princes of the provinces which extended from India to Ethiopia, 127 provinces, to every province according to its script, and to every people according to their language as well as to the Jews according to their script and their language.
- Es 9:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Even all the princes of the provinces, the satraps, the governors and those who were doing the king's business assisted the Jews, because the dread of Mordecai had fallen on them.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Pechah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".