The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 6346|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hxp|| ||Pechah|
| ||captains, governor, governor's, governors, official|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Ne 2:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI said to the king, "If it please the king, let letters be given me for the governors of the provinces beyond the River, that they may allow me to pass through untilI come to Judah,
- Ne 2:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ThenI came to the governors of the provinces beyond the River and gave them the king's letters. Now the king had sent with me officers of the army and horsemen.
- Ne 3:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Next to them Melatiah the Gibeonite and Jadon the Meronothite, the men of Gibeon and of Mizpah, also made repairs for the official seat of the governor of the province beyond the River.
- Ne 5:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Moreover, from the day thatI was appointed to be their governor in the land of Judah, from the twentieth year to the thirty-second year of King Artaxerxes, for twelve years, neitherI nor my kinsmen have eaten the governor's food allowance.
- Ne 5:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But the former governors who were before me laid burdens on the people and took from them bread and wine besides forty shekels of silver; even their servants domineered the people. ButI did not do so because of the fear of God.
- Ne 5:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now that which was prepared for each day was one ox and six choice sheep, also birds were prepared for me; and once in ten days all sorts of wine were furnished in abundance. Yet for all thisI did not demand the governor's food allowance, because the servitude was heavy on this people.
- Ne 12:26 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- These served in the days of Joiakim the son of Jeshua, the son of Jozadak, and in the days of Nehemiah the governor and of Ezra the priest and scribe.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Pechah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".