The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 6571|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||#rp|| ||Parash|
| ||cavalry, horseman, horsemen, horses, steeds, war horses|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- 2Sa 1:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The young man who told him said, "By chanceI happened to be on Mount Gilboa, and behold, Saul was leaning on his spear. And behold, the chariots and the horsemen pursued him closely.
- 2Sa 8:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- David captured from him 1,700 horsemen and 20,000 foot soldiers; and David hamstrung the chariot horses, but reserved enough of them for 100 chariots.
- 2Sa 10:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But the Arameans fled before Israel, and David killed 700 charioteers of the Arameans and 40,000 horsemen and struck down Shobach the commander of their army, and he died there.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Parash". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".