The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 6607|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||xtp|| ||Pethach|
| ||door, doors, doorway, doorway at the entrance, doorways, entrance, entrances, entry, gate, gates, gateway, opening, openings|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 9 Verses|
- 1Ki 6:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The doorway for the lowest side chamber was on the right side of the house; and they would go up by winding stairs to the middle story, and from the middle to the third.
- 1Ki 6:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For the entrance of the inner sanctuary he made doors of olive wood, the lintel and five-sided doorposts.
- 1Ki 6:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So also he made for the entrance of the nave four-sided doorposts of olive wood
- 1Ki 7:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- All the doorways and doorposts had squared artistic frames, and window was opposite window in three ranks.
- 1Ki 14:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When Ahijah heard the sound of her feet coming in the doorway, he said, "Come in, wife of Jeroboam, why do you pretend to be another woman? ForI am sent to you with a harsh message.
- 1Ki 14:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So King Rehoboam made shields of bronze in their place, and committed them to the care of the commanders of the guard who guarded the doorway of the king's house.
- 1Ki 17:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So he arose and went to Zarephath, and when he came to the gate of the city, behold, a widow was there gathering sticks; and he called to her and said, "Please get me a little water in a jar, thatI may drink ."
- 1Ki 19:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. And behold, a voice came to him and said, "What are you doing here, Elijah ?"
- 1Ki 22:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat king of Judah were sitting each on his throne, arrayed in their robes, at the threshing floor at the entrance of the gate of Samaria; and all the prophets were prophesying before them.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Pethach". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".