The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 6918|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||#wdq|| ||Qadowsh|
| ||Holy, Holy One, consecrated, holy, holy one, holy ones, one is holy, saints|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Ne 8:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Nehemiah, who was the governor, and Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who taught the people said to all the people, "This day is holy to the LORD your God; do not mourn or weep ." For all the people were weeping when they heard the words of the law.
- Ne 8:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then he said to them, "Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength ."
- Ne 8:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So the Levites calmed all the people, saying, "Be still, for the day is holy; do not be grieved ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Qadowsh". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".